Sunday, February 8, 2009

It's a Boy!



It has arrived, and it's a boy. I should have realized that. The old couch was a girl with feminine flowers and a skirt. The new couch has no skirt and the red check is definitely masculine. It has changed the atmosphere in the livingroom.

It was scheduled to arrive yesterday between 1:00 and 3:00 p.m. At 3:15 we were still waiting so I called the furniture store. I was told that there were delays, but the couch would arrive in due time. That turned out to be at about 5:15. I didn't get much done yesterday afternoon for watching out the window for Bellelo's truck.

I always worry about moving a couch in or out of our livingroom because it involves lifting the couch up and over the stair banister. Some delivery people feel like their job is to get the item you bought in your house, and if they beat up woodwork or other pieces of furniture - well, they're not too worried about it. But the two men who delivered the couch were very careful. They even threw a blanket over the banister to protect it.

Teche is not very impressed with the new couch. He has sniffed all around it and looked under it. His favorite hideout in bad weather has always been under the couch, and I think it's safe to say he prefers girl couches with skirts. He hasn't jumped up on the new arrival - not once - which surprises me since the topside of the old couch was his favorite napping place if the weather was good and there were no strangers in the house.

I'm getting used to the new atmosphere and I'm enjoying the comfort of the new couch. I spent some reading time on it yesterday evening. Maybe I'll try napping there today.

No comments: