I set out this morning with a list of errands and the determination to find a bright side to the inevitable annoyances. Here goes:
- You can get your food quicker in McDonald's drive-thru than you can by going inside - because all the employees are focused on the drive-thru, not the customers at the counter. Bright side: I have a car.
- No matter how sure you are about what you want at GNC, the clerk will try to talk you into something else. Bright side: You get practice in sticking to your guns.
- Hobby Lobby is too BIG! Bright side: You get plenty of exercise.
- Michael's small size makes finding what you want easier, but sometimes they need a bigger store just to accommodate the long lines. Bright side: You develop patience (maybe).
- Kids' latch hook activity kits have 1400 little pieces of yarn in each one. Bright side: I don't live with the kids I'm buying these for. (Tee Hee)
- Nice boxed sets of stationery are not to be found - not even at an upscale establishment described as a "papeterie." Nice boxed stationery used to be everywhere - from department stores to dime stores. Bright side: A lesson - don't take anything, especially good things, for granted. Nothing gold can stay.